RE: [xsl] Finding the path from the filename

Subject: RE: [xsl] Finding the path from the filename
From: "bryan" <bry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:49:18 +0100

You can also use substring-after.

I'm pretty sure this is a faq, anyway it's one of those things that I've
got the bad habit of writing anew as I need it rather than just going to
get it from some place I've got it and copying, so there's always some
sort of error likely to crop in without testing, you may have to
rearrange some parts after testing on your own.

<xsl:param name="filepathANDname"/>
<xsl:variable name="filename">
<xsl:call-template name="filenamegetter"><xsl:with-param
name="thisPathANDname" select="$filepathANDname"/>
</xsl:call-template>
</xsl:variable>
<xsl:variable name="filepath"><xsl:value-of
select="substring-before($filepathANDname,$filename)"/></xsl:variable>

<xsl:template name="filenamegetter">
<xsl:param name="thisPathANDname"/>
<xsl:variable name="afterthisPathANDname"
select="substring-after($thisPathANDname,'\')"/>
<xsl:choose><xsl:when test="contains($thisPathANDname,'\')">
<xsl:call-template name="filenamegetter"><xsl:with-param
name="thisPathANDname"
select="$afterthisPathANDname"/></xsl:call-template>
</xsl:when><xsl:otherwise><xsl:value-of select="$thisPathANDname
"/></xsl:otherwise></xsl:choose>

</xsl:template>

note that Cams example with lastCharPosition could be used to make this
process much more generic.

Note that I would not say this is a 100% secure method but close enough
not to be easily discernable from the 100% secure.