RE: [xsl] Generating numeric character references

Subject: RE: [xsl] Generating numeric character references
From: "Stuart Celarier" <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:08:41 -0800

Tom,

I appreciate the "thinking outside the box" idea, but this case is
constrained to do the processing inside of the XSLT processor. I am also
only interested in performing transforming some of the text, as selected
in the course of the XSLT processing.

A script extension element or external object are options for doing
string processing along those lines. Are there any other approaches?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Cheers,
Stuart