RE: [xsl] disable-output-escaping="yes" and crimson JDK1.4.1 parser does not work (or is disabled)

Subject: RE: [xsl] disable-output-escaping="yes" and crimson JDK1.4.1 parser does not work (or is disabled)
From: "Andrew Milkowski" <amilkowski@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 09:18:53 -0500

First.. Thank you all so very much you took the time to explain to me
"disable-output-escaping"

unfortunately I need to specify disable-output-escaping for the attribute
value, I have no choice over DTD
(I am using a charting software, that uses attributes such as <header text>
<footer text> etc...
what I was trying to do is pre-process an xml containing chart data with an
xsl containing chart presentation

Hearing that I cant have that option on the attribute, I could always
substitute &lt; with {{ for example,
similarly }} for &gt;, later obtain that node, and replace {{ back to &lt
and }} to &gt, before feeding it
to the chart API to produce a final output,

essentially this is a 2-step process,

1. to create xml document containing presentation and data

2. to create a chart from the result obtained in step 1

they both are transforming using SAX parser.

thanks once again...