Re: [xsl] [saxon] catalogs

Subject: Re: [xsl] [saxon] catalogs
From: Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 17:37:17 +0100

Hi

Joerg Pietschmann wrote:

On Thursday 02 January 2003 16:41, Tobias Reif wrote:

Add a proper redirection to the catalog.

Where? How? Please elaborate.

AFAICS, the catalog is found, the correct DTD is found, just the DTD
modules aren't.

This may be a bug either in Saxon (passing the wrong base URL to
the resolver) or in the resolver library.

I think so too.

In order to work around this, add a mapping of the DocBook
module's public or system id to the catalog, the same way you told
the resolver how to find the main DTD file. IIRC the entitiy
declarations referring to the modules are all in the main DTD file,
you should be able to look up the pubids (if there are any) there.
Sysids should be pretty obvious in any case.

Thanks for your help.
I copied most of 4_2\dtd\catalog.xml to my catalog; now everything is found.

*But*:
a) The whole thing is very slow.
b) It needs to access the internet. (How to keep it from doing that?)

So the two reasons why I'm using other up catalog resolvers, namely speed and no internet access required, are both still not satisfied with Saxon + Apache resolver.

It would be really great if Saxon would support catalogs, out of the box, in a very simple way.

This is not really on-topic for an XSLT list, but I think that catalog support in XSLT processors should be a very common feature. I want to have a Saxon which handles catalogs without requiring any setup (at least not half a day), then I simply pass it the path to my catalog, and it does its work, fast, and offline.

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/