Re: [xsl] RTF Output

Subject: Re: [xsl] RTF Output
From: "W. Eliot Kimber" <eliot@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 08:10:08 -0600

Laura wrote:
Hello,
I  want to convert a document to RTF through XSL. At the moment what is
being done is a HTML file is created and then opened in Word. and then saved
etc..I do not want this to happen, as i Understand there are ways to do this
through XSL.If anyone can show me path towards this, I shall be
greatful.Should I have to use xsl:fo for this?

You could use the commercial XMLmind FO Converter (XFC) product to generate RTF from XSL-FO--it's reasonably complete, sufficient to do a decent job on our informal tests (rendering a basic technical document). One approach is to use a generic HTML-to-FO style sheet (such as that provided by Antenna House (www.antennahouse.com)) to create FO instances and then run those through XFC to generate RTF.

You might also experiment with using OpenOffice--it uses a native XML format that you could convert to, has support for HTML editing, and can save in RTF format.

Cheers,

Eliot
--
W. Eliot Kimber, eliot@xxxxxxxxxx