Re: [xsl] processing certain xml ,xsl file with xsp under cocoon and mysql?

Subject: Re: [xsl] processing certain xml ,xsl file with xsp under cocoon and mysql?
From: Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 05:52:08 +0100

Hello Hubert,

Hubert Holtz wrote:
Hy,

I hope this is the right forum for my question, but I think the answer has something to do with XSL.
I don't know know how to open new XML files with a certain XSL file with the help of XSP and my Mysql database in Cocoon.

the Cocoon users list is a more appropriate forum for such a question: http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/mail-lists.html.

I have a table called sites with an column for id,lang,XML,XSL, in my xsp-
file I have a string-array called parameters where the 2 parameters of
the typed url (e.g. blablabla.com/main.xsp?id=220&lang=eng ) are saved.
Depending on these two parameters I want to process the certain XML file with the XSL file which are in my database(as a link of course).

It sounds like the parameters must be passed to the sitemap for creating the correct pipeline. Therefore you need an action, not an XSP.

example:

<!-- pass XML and XSL as param to the sitemap -->
<map:match pattern="*">
  <map:act type="getXmlAndXSLFromRequest">
    <map:generate src="cocoon:/DB{xmlFromRequest}"/>
    <map:transform src="cocoon:/DB{xslFromRequest}"/>
  </map:act>
  <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

<!-- get XML or XSL from DB - in which way ever -->
<map:match pattern="DB*">
  <map:generate/>
  <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

This is only one approach, maybe there are better ones. Ask on Cocoon users list, because this question has not much to do with XSLT.

Regards,

Joerg

Any idea how to manage this?

I can output the values of the parameters, that's not the problem, but how do I say Cocoon that it has to process these two files from my database?

Any suggestions or examples or links are welcome.

Thanks. Homer30