[xsl] Re: referencing a stylesheet within xsl:document

Subject: [xsl] Re: referencing a stylesheet within xsl:document
From: "Shawn O. McKenzie" <smckenzie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:26:12 -0800

-------------
you have 2 problems:

1. xsl:document is not part of XSLT 1.0, only of XSLT 1.1, which is no longer developed (http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt11/). You won't find any XSLT processors, that know XSLT 1.1. The only one I know is Saxon in some versions.
Alternative for XSLT 1.0 are different processor specific extension functions like Xalan redirect.

Seems to work fine in libxslt (via xsltproc in Linux).

2. <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="../display.xsl"?>
That's a processing instruction. If you write it in this way in your XSLT, it's used (or not) there and not in the output. To create one in the result tree, use
<xsl:processing-instruction name="xml-stylesheet">type="text/xsl" href="../display.xsl"</xsl:processing-instruction>.