RE: [xsl] need help with boolean comparison in XSL

Subject: RE: [xsl] need help with boolean comparison in XSL
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 18:37:26 -0000

> I have this comparison on my XSL page currently:
>
> <xsl:when test="a:propstat/a:prop[office:EndDate !=
> '']">
>
> It is checking to see if the EndDate property exists.

No it isn't. It's checking if the element exists and is non-empty.

> My xml page is generated from properties (which are
> sort of the equivalent of fields from a database) that
> are pulled from a web storage system from Microsoft's
> sharepoint portal server.
>
> I need to check if an EndDate AND StartDate are equal
> to each other but I'm not writing the correct syntax.
> I tried this, and other iterations, but I receive an
> error every time:
>
> <xsl:when test="a:propstat/a:prop[office:EndDate =
> a:propstat/a:prop[office:StartDate]]">
>
> Can you please help with this?

a:propstat/a:prop[office:EndDate = office:StartDate]

selects all those a:prop elements that have endDate = startDate (they
must both be present, and equal to each other).

But perhaps the EndDate and StartDate are children of different a:prop
elements that are children of the same a:propstat?

In that case you want:

a:propstat[a:prop/office:EndDate = a:prop/office:StartDate]

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx