[xsl] understanding 'from-table-column()'

Subject: [xsl] understanding 'from-table-column()'
From: "Fleetwood, Brett (SSABSA)" <brettf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 13:45:23 +1030

In a table I'm trying to set the column alignment in the <fo:table-column>
element so that all the cells in this column will have the same alignment.
However this doesn't seem to work. I have read previous postings which
mention using the from-table-column() function to do it but I can't seem to
get it to work. The method I have tried is;

<fo:table>
 <fo:table-column column-number="1" text-align="left">
 <fo:table-column column-number="2" text-align="center">
 <fo:table-column column-number="3" text-align="right">
 .
 .
 .
  <fo:table-row>
   <fo:table-cell text-align="from-table-column()">this should be
left</fo:table-cell>
   .
   .
   .
I am using FOP 0.20.4. Is it possible to do this or am I going to have to
set the alignment in each of the tables cells?
Cheers - Brett.