Re: [xsl] xsl:key on variable containing result of apply-templates

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:key on variable containing result of apply-templates
From: Grainne Reilly <greilly1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 02:24:02 -0500

Thanks Joerg for your reply.
In trying to isolate the problem (and maybe show too much of what I had tried) I was not clear enough that I do a lot of processing, creation of elements, attributes etc. in order to create the node-set I'd like to key on.
As a result I cannot use an XPath as the match for the key. My real xml is an XML spreadsheet and you would not like to see the real xslt template :-)
So my question remains if it is possible to create a key on the result of apply-templates (using an extension function perhaps)? Since xslt does not permit the use of a variable reference in the match attribute of the xsl:key element, I am less than hopeful that there is.
Grainne.