Re: [xsl] PDF to XSL-FO

Subject: Re: [xsl] PDF to XSL-FO
From: Chris Loschen <loschen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 16:01:41 -0500

At 04:42 AM 11/22/02, you wrote:
Just wondering if there are any tools to convert pdf to XSL-FO? I did a quick Google search, but couldn't find anything obvious.

Thanks

Mark Seaborne

Apologies for the commercial implications of the following, but just to let you know...

We have a service called TextCafe that converts PDF to XML and SVG. It's not a tool for sale directly because it usually
involves a fair amount of expert intervention customized for each job, but the results (I believe) are of quite high quality.
We are using XSLT in various ways, but not XSL-FO as yet (at least as far as I know -- I'm not entirely sure how the XML
to SVG code works). Since you mentioned in another email that it was really PDF to XML and/or SVG you were interested in,
I thought you might be interested. Feel free to write me back off-list or check out our web site if you'd like to hear more.

--Chris

Texterity ~ XML and PDF ePublishing Services
Chris Loschen, XML Developer
Texterity, Inc.
144 Turnpike Road
Southborough, MA 01772 USA