Re: [xsl] Linefeed-treatment in fop 0.20.4

Subject: Re: [xsl] Linefeed-treatment in fop 0.20.4
From: Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 09:30:05 +0200

RShonk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Can anyone tell me if there is an easier way to do this? My NOTE_TEXT node
is returned from an Oracle blob object which contains line-feed characters
and is multi-line. When rendering the linefeed '\n' was ignored and
everything ended up on one line. I tried to use linefeed-treatment and
white-space-treatment = "preserve", but these are not yet implemented in
fop 0.20.4
You right, it's not implemented yet. There is a dirty trick you can use - white-space-collapse implmentation wrongly preserves linefeed.
But don't forget to add linefeed-treatment and white-space-treatment for compatibility anyway.
<fo:block white-space-collapse="false" linefeed-treatment="preserve" white-space-treatment="preserve">...

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team