Re: [xsl] unix problems.. change of approach

Subject: Re: [xsl] unix problems.. change of approach
From: martin@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 22:20:40 +0000 (GMT)

you can check for text, without turning the expression into a string ->

 <xsl:variable name="isCorrectValue"
   select="$demoValue[@value = 'valid']/text()"/>

that should work, unless some of your 'non-empty' demoValues also have
whitespace.
in that case, closer to your original ->
normalize-space($demoValue[@value = 'valid']) = ''

hth,

/m