RE: [xsl] looping through Elements stored in a variable..

Subject: RE: [xsl] looping through Elements stored in a variable..
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:52:38 -0500

Has the option of two passes (separate transforms) been mentioned yet in this thread?

It's sometimes easy to forget that multiple passes can be achieved by making, um, multiple passes. :-> (In this case the first pass would be a simple routine to make the university list available in the source tree: trivial.)

Of course, Mike is also correct that the node-set casting function can't be done without to process result node-sets, as are others who pointed out that in this case, the information in the variable may also be served up in (or as) an internal lookup table, so there's also another workaround.

But lately I've been learning how there are actually some advantages for maintenance to splitting up a transform into separate passes, even when you don't need the node-set() extension. (Not that this is one of them.)

Cheers,
Wendell