Re: [xsl] reading link value from external xml file with variable

Subject: Re: [xsl] reading link value from external xml file with variable
From: Jarkko Moilanen <Jarkko.Moilanen@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 09:43:39 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> No, you must evaluate the substrings and concatenate the results with
> the static parts.

For some reason Xalan version 1.4 with xalan:evaluate included
seems to do evaluating it self.

I was quite suprosed when I ran these lines:

color="{$NavigationArrowColor}">&lt;&lt;&lt;

The result is ecxatly what I wanted:
<b>
<a
href="/cbroker/XMLServ/XMLHan?command=list&amp;period=month&amp;count=dec&amp;status=1"><font
color="#FFFFFF">&lt;&lt;&lt; </font></a>
</b>

Without anything like xalan:evaluate functions used anywhere, Why?

Cheers
Jarkko

> Joerg
>
> > So I can not use
> >
> > Where $monthdec points to external variable, which reads
> > the final value from a external xml file.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Jarkko
> >

> >>1. /cbroker/XMLServ/XMLHan?command=list&amp;period=
> >>2. {/XDocList/@view}                                     => evaluate()
> >>3. &amp;count=
> >>4. {/XDocList/@offset}                                   => evaluate()
> >>5. &amp;orderby=date&amp;status=1
> >>
> >>Regards,
> >>
> >>Joerg

> >>select="document('commands.xml')/xslt/notunsigned/sorting/sortbydateasc"/>

> >>file,

Tiedon voi hankkia kolmella tavalla:
AJATTELEMALLA, se on jalo tapa
YRITYKSEN JA EREHDYKSEN KAUTTA, se on kova tie
MATKIMALLA, se on helppo tapa
				Konfutse