RE: [xsl] Numbering scheme

Subject: RE: [xsl] Numbering scheme
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 11:01:21 +0100

Assuming you're starting with a document that has the <Page> elements,
you can generate a result document that adds the ID attributes and
<Name> elements using:

<xsl:template match="Page">
<Page>
  <xsl:attribute name="ID">
    <xsl:number/>
  </xsl:attribute>
  <Name>
    <xsl:number level="multiple" count="Page"/>
  </Name>
  <xsl:apply-templates/>
</Page>
</xsl:template>