Re: [xsl] encoding and XSL Transformation

Subject: Re: [xsl] encoding and XSL Transformation
From: "W. Eliot Kimber" <eliot@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:58:09 -0500

Chuck White wrote:

> I have to think MS has a conversion utility for fixing the source doc. Try
> looking beginning here, and drill down. I bet you'll find something:

I rely on the Unipad editor (www.unipad.org) for all sorts of Unicode
manipulations, (although the original poster may require a batch
process). The latest version 0.99 recognizes a bunch of locale-specific
code pages in addition to the various Unicode-defined encodings. It also
can convert to and from SGML and XML numeric character references and
text entities, as well as to and from "\u" syntax.

I've also found that IE5 is pretty handy for converting from non-Unicode
to Unicode encodings--just used it to convert a GB 2312 doc to UTF-8.

Cheers,

E.
--
W. Eliot Kimber, eliot@xxxxxxxxxx