RE: [xsl] tag minimisation

Subject: RE: [xsl] tag minimisation
From: "Andrew Welch" <awelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 17:59:21 +0100

> The following elements don't 'inherit' the style, they are simply put
> 'inside' the <div/> element

Sure, the trailing slash <../> isn't recognised so the minimised element
is treated as an opening one (effectively putting the following-sibling
'inside' as you say)

Another problem comes with expressions - this will work:

style="position:relative;top:expression(-previousSibling.scrollHeight)">

but this causes the error 'line 0: object expected'

style="position:relative;top:expression(-previousSibling.scrollHeight)">

...really nasty in a large file.

Ultimately all of this pain could lifted by a few talented processor
writers ;)

Or of course, if anyone could tell me how to modify my own copy of
saxon/xalan to prevent minimisation, that would be equally great.

cheers
andrew

---