Re: [xsl] deep "copy-of" a source fragment

Subject: Re: [xsl] deep "copy-of" a source fragment
From: Terence Kearns <terencek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 15:59:17 +1000

Interesting variation of the identity transformation, I used the following code which worked!

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
    xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<xsl:template match="/html:html">

<xsl:apply-templates select="html:body/node()" mode="identity"/>

</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="node()|@*" mode="identity">

  <xsl:copy>
    <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
    <xsl:apply-templates mode="identity"/>
  </xsl:copy>

</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Thanks for the tip!

Robert Koberg wrote:
Hi,

You want to get to the body and then copy the elements. For example:

<xsl:template match="/html">

<xsl:apply-templates select="body" mode="identity"/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="node()|@*" mode="identity">

<xsl:copy>
<xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>