Re: [xsl] double quotes in attributes

Subject: Re: [xsl] double quotes in attributes
From: Peter Davis <pdavis152@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:59:04 -0700

On Tuesday 27 August 2002 13:48, yan bai wrote:
> Hi, Gurus,
> I have some xml files which is produced by server.
[snip]
>          text="Alarm Status 00000100 stream-id="0
>           LowAlarm"" />
[snip]
> How should I handle the double quote problem here in
> xsl?

The only way to process a file like this is to fix the problem, by making the
*server* convert the double quotes into &quot; sequences.  This is not valid
XML, and XSLT can't process source files that aren't valid XML, so I'm afraid
you are SOL unless the *server* is fixed.

You can maybe write a program in another language (Perl?) to fix the problem.
But I will bet that double quotes aren't the only problem: it looks like the
server doesn't do any escaping on its output, which means that '<' characters
and any other character that isn't legal in your character set will need to
be fixed as well.

--
Peter Davis