RE: [xsl] object-oriented XSL

Subject: RE: [xsl] object-oriented XSL
From: martin@xxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 16:28:54 +0000 (GMT)

Robert, i think that you're absolutely right in that there's no clean
divide between business logic and styling, and the example you bring
up illustrates perfectly why XSLT needs to be able to do logic.
the question of where to do the logic is sometimes not straightforward,
and one that we keep coming up against where i work. i think one has
to be pragmatic and see which solution is the most sensible - usually
there's a 'right' way (such as determining links with XSLT) that stands
out once you find it.
often the problem is that someone like myself will think mainly in terms
of procedural logic (being these days a mostly-Java developer), and might
not see the obvious functional solution - or vice versa :)

/m