RE: [xsl] how to reassign a variable's value?

Subject: RE: [xsl] how to reassign a variable's value?
From: "Conal Tuohy" <conalt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 20:39:51 +1200

Danny Yates wrote:
> Charles Knell [mailto:cknell@xxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> > It is constant within a context and variable between contexts.
> > "Varinstant", perhaps?
>
> Or "Constable"? That'd cause some confusion! :-)

Illegal reassignment! Come quietly please ... anything you say may be taken
down and used as evidence ...

But seriously, in other functional programming contexts I've seen them
referred to as "values". That might have been a better name than "variable",
given the unfortunate connotation that "variable" has in many people's
minds.