RE: [xsl] Multiple instances of the same nodeset - is this possible.

Subject: RE: [xsl] Multiple instances of the same nodeset - is this possible.
From: "James Fuller" <james.fuller@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 08:32:17 +0100

> My question is this - Is it somehow possible to have two independent
> nodesets with identical data that you can traverse simultaneously?

Not sure what you mean, but if you want you can always place a nodeset in a
variable using

<xsl:variable name="testa" select="NODE"/>
<xsl:variable name="testb" select="NODE"/>

the above variables contain the same nodeset, assumming if there was a NODE
element

<xsl:variable name="testa" select="document('a.xml')"/>
<xsl:variable name="testb" select="document('b.xml')"/>

the above illustrates 2 nodesets, using the document command as an example.

sometimes, you will have to be a little bit careful, because if you are
getting a result tree fragment and wanting to do further processing, you
have to convert it back to a nodeset using the XSLT processor native nodeset
command ( which is always a 3rd party cmd  ).

good luck, doing whatever you are trying to do !

cheers, Jim Fuller