[xsl] RE: XML transformation output to be in NON UTF-16 on MSXML 3.0.

Subject: [xsl] RE: XML transformation output to be in NON UTF-16 on MSXML 3.0.
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 01:19:43 -0700 (PDT)

> yes. that is the only statment of hope: the output property. And the
> only way is by giving it the custom output.
> Meaning, we need to get an object which can serve as an acceptor of
> the output.
> So here goes the tests for such an object: (x-sjis is an alias for
> SHIFT-JIS)

[skip]

> var xmlSink = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument");

This will only work in the case when the result of the transformation
is a well-formed xml document. In your case you're using:

   <xsl:output method="html" encoding="x-sjis" />

in your stylesheet. Therefore chances are great that the result of the
transformation will not be a well-formed xml document.

In this case you must use another object, implementing IStream, e.g.
ADODB.Stream, as was already recommended in
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/xsl-list/2002-07/msg01310.html

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.