RE: [xsl] XML transformation output to be in NON UTF-16 on MSXML 3.0.

Subject: RE: [xsl] XML transformation output to be in NON UTF-16 on MSXML 3.0.
From: "Rupesh Chavan" <Rupesh.Chavan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 09:09:12 +0530

Hi Brad

yes, you are quite right.
the sentence which attracted me in the most was this:
=========Start of quote========
Property: output of IXSLTProcessor,
When a new transform is started, the processor will use a QueryInterface
this output for IStream. When the transform is complete or reset is called,
IStream is released. The only method that is used on IStream is Write. The
bytes written to the stream will be encoded according to the encoding
attribute on the <xsl:output> element.

If you do not provide a custom output, then you will get a string when you
read this property. The string contains the incrementally buffered
transformation result.

Reading this property has the side effect of resetting that internal buffer
so that each time you read the property you get the next chunk of output.
In this case, the output is always generated in the Unicode encoding, and
the encoding attribute on the <xsl:output> element is ignored.

========end of quote =========
can somebody help me understand what they want to convey.
The best joke in Q275883, they say TransformNode method does not preserve
the encoding. Therefore please try transformNodeToObject. So you receive
the output of the transformNodeToObject in an XML Document. wow!!! the
encoding is preserved.... now how do you read the xml? the .xml property,
returns the data in UTF-16. If we use an XSL again we end up with UTF-16.
So its something like a maze in here....