Re: [xsl] The longest node in a node set

Subject: Re: [xsl] The longest node in a node set
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 13:35:11 +0100

> Does it automatically couont as space for word splitting?
Hmph will check, there's also

<character id="U0200C" dec="8204" mode="unknown" type="other">
 <entity id="zwnj" set="html4-special">
 </entity>
 <description>ZERO WIDTH NON-JOINER</description>
</character>

<character id="U0200D" dec="8205" mode="unknown" type="other">
 <entity id="zwj" set="html4-special">
 </entity>
 <description>ZERO WIDTH JOINER</description>
</character>

one of the three will do;-)

but I'm a bit confused actually why you'd need this at all,
because I'd normally expect line breaking to be allowed after - anyway
if you are breaking words to fit lines.

If you don't want the hyphen to allow line breaking you ought use

<character id="U02011" dec="8209" type="other" mode="unknown">
 <description>NON-BREAKING HYPHEN</description>
</character>

David

(xml snippets from

http://www.w3.org/Math/characters/unicode.xml