RE: [xsl] The longest node in a node set

Subject: RE: [xsl] The longest node in a node set
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 10:48:46 +0100

To add to Jeni's reply:

In XPath 2.0, the way you do this is:

  max(for $n in $nodeset return string-length($n))

In Saxon 6.5.x, you can do it with an extension function:

  saxon:max($nodeset, saxon:expr('string-length(.)'))

(Both of these give you the length of the longest node, not the node
itself)

But for pure XSLT 1.0/XPath 1.0, Jeni has given you the answer.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx