Re: [xsl] Naming conventions

Subject: Re: [xsl] Naming conventions
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 10:28:42 +0100

> I would be interested in what list members use.

I call all variables "x" unless frced to do otherwise.

In general I haven't really seen many common naming idioms although as
you note, lower-case-with-hyphens is more XPath style tham mixedCase.
(unfortunately the people designing XPath2 seem not to have used XPath
before so XPath2 has a bunch of different naming conventions culled from
different languages)

Note that you can (and probably should) use namespace qualified variable
names
x:hello-world
where x: is bound to a namespace of your choice. That way name clashes
when importing different stylesheets are avoided, even if everyone calls
their variables x:x.

David