Re: Re: [xsl] Re: WML input problem

Subject: Re: Re: [xsl] Re: WML input problem
From: "ashu t" <aashut@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 16 Jul 2002 08:36:05 -0000

Add the following empty template:

<xsl:template match="text()[preceding-sibling::node()[1] [self::input][not(normalize-space())]]"/>

thanks a lot Joerg for your help and patience.
i have added that template and it has solved the problem finally. but i hope you would not mind if i say that i have just copied and pasted the template in my stylesheet.i did not get the exact working of template
though you have written

The above template ignores all text-nodes which are immediate following-siblings of an input-element without a text node.

but all i got is that it is template match for text() then in predicate there are some more conditions which i did not get corectly just got that [not{normalise-space())]would prevent the white spaces.
we have to consider any text following <input> but what does it mean *input-element without a text node.*

if you don't mind could you please explain me the exact working that will definitely very very informative and beneficial for me.
ashu