Re: [xsl] String Manipulation

Subject: Re: [xsl] String Manipulation
From: Steve Ball <Steve.Ball@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 13:41:33 +1000

Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:

I have an XSLT stylesheet that's taking information from an external
file. That file has a structure similar to the following:

<category>
  <category_name>About Us</category_name>
</category>

I need to use this category_name in my html, but not like that. More
specifically, I need to take either take out that space and have
AboutUs, or just use the first word, About. It also needs to be set
up so that if category_name is just one word, it will be preserved.

A simple translate() function call can be used to remove all whitespace, eg. translate(category_name, " ", '').

If you need to do fancier manipulations then the XSLT Standard
Library, http://xsltsl.sourceforge.net/ has some useful templates,
like a CamelCase operation.

HTHs,
Steve Ball

--
Steve Ball            |   XSLT Standard Library   | Training & Seminars
Zveno Pty Ltd         |     Web Tcl Complete      |   XML XSL Schemas