RE: [xsl] character dagger

Subject: RE: [xsl] character dagger
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:58:23 +0100

> I do see the dagger symbol (†) in the xml file (using
> nodepad).  Once I apply the syle sheet † becomes ⤢, and in
> PDF † is #.  I realize that † is not present in iso-8859-1.

If you see a dagger symbol in the file when you view it using NodePad, then the file cannot be in iso-8859-1 encoding. Forget FOP: you need to solve the problem by ensuring that the actual encoding of the XML file and the encoding declared in its XML declaration are the same.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx