Re: [xsl] Carriage return in XSL output

Subject: Re: [xsl] Carriage return in XSL output
From: Corneanu Dan <cdan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 13:10:29 +0300

Hi,

for inserting space characters you can use &#160;
for CR you can find the code on the net, I don't remember it know.

I think is &#x0d;

Hope it helps.

trang_nguyen@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,

I am running into problems inserting whitespace characters into my output document. The following syntax in my stylesheet produces an error during transformation (with both MSXML4 and xalan):

<description>
	Cost Factor1: <xsl:value-of select="@CostFactor1"/><text>&#xD</text>
	Cost Factor2: <xsl:value-of select="@CostFactor2"/><text>&#xD</text>
	Cost Factor3: <xsl:value-of select="@CostFactor3"/><text>&#xD</text>
</description>

Error: An invalid character was found

If I don't specify the carriage return within the text node body, I get the error: Whitespace is not allowed at this location.

<description>
	Cost Factor1: <xsl:value-of select="@CostFactor1"/>&#xD
	Cost Factor2: <xsl:value-of select="@CostFactor2"/>&#xD
	Cost Factor3: <xsl:value-of select="@CostFactor3"/>&#xD
</description>

Can someone tell me the correct way to handle this? Thanks!

Trang