Re: [xsl] Borders on column groups

Subject: Re: [xsl] Borders on column groups
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 22:49:23 +0100

> For some reason, I thought it would work without the parentheses. And it
> does. What difference would they make?

it makes it work instead of not work:-)

(ancestor::table//col)[$x]

selects the x'th col element in the table.

ancestor::table//col[$x]

selects every col element that is the x'th col child of its parent.

(by the way both of tehse fail if you allow nested tables as there will
be col elements you don't want, safer would be
<xsl:variable name ="t" select="ancestor::table[1]"/>

($t/col|$t/colgroup/col)[$x]...

David