RE: [xsl] Applying stylesheets externally

Subject: RE: [xsl] Applying stylesheets externally
From: "Stuart Celarier" <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 13:56:59 -0700

> why would you want to use the obsolete wd-language?

I don't recommend that you do, but there are many (now legacy)
applications of WD-xsl. BTW, for folks trapped in that obsolete dialect,
Microsoft does provide a tool for converting WD-xsl to XSLT 1.0.

>Sure you have to limit yourself to msxml3
>but at least it supports the full xslt spec and msxml4 improvements
aren't
>that big a deal anyways

MSXML 4.0 represents a four to eight times improvement in processing
throughput over MSXML 3.0. Some folks might consider that is a big deal.

Cheers,
Stuart