Re: [xsl] XSLT performance under Linux

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT performance under Linux
From: Janning Vygen <vygen@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 09:11:01 +0200

Am Montag, 13. Mai 2002 22:15 schrieben Sie:
> I would recommend working with the xsltproc engine. It's C++ based,
> supports a healthy subset of the Saxon parser, and is fast.

It´s much faster than saxon, but pay attention if you are using some
xslt 2.0 (1.1) features like "result tree fragment to node-set"
conversion. and there are still some other things even from the 1.0
specs which doesnt seem to work with xsltproc (overriding attributes
in a tag). I switched from saxon to xsltproc but can be a big effort
to do. Just dont expect to exchange your parser command and expect it
to work. I also found an annoying difference in handling whitespace,
but most things i havent heavily tested, some of them i tested and
found a bug (already reported, of course).

But after all: xsltproc is the fastest engine, but i guess saxon is
the one which is most compliant with the specs.

For me xsltproc is four times faster. the german magazin 'iX'
benchmarked most important engines April 2002 (heise.de/ix/)

regards,
janning

> -- Kurt Cagle

Planwerk 6 /websolutions