Re: [xsl] How do you use the URIResolver interface to find xsl templates in a WAR base application

Subject: Re: [xsl] How do you use the URIResolver interface to find xsl templates in a WAR base application
From: Robert Koberg <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 07:14:38 -0700

Robert Koberg wrote:

Hi,

Why not just put your XSL in:
File "C:\Program Files\IBM\ApplicationDeveloper\workspace\PositionControlFormsWeb\webApplication\WEB-INF\xsl\

A further benefit of having your XSL/XML under WEB-INF is it's hidden securely from your app user.

Curious, what do you think the following should return?

final String documentRoot =
getServletConfig().getServletContext().getRealPath("");

(answer: the root of WEB-INF)

oops... wrong it is the docroot - don't know what i was thinking...

best,
-Rob

Onaindia, Juan wrote:

Hello,

In the middle of converting existing applications to a WAR deployment
environment, I have come up with the problem that during the transformation
(in Java) the transformer tries to find the stylesheets base on the root of
the application server in my case WebSphere. I have been trying to use the URIResolver interface to resolve this by
passing the document root and publicId.
The path of the file is correct but I still get the following exception:

javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException:
File "C:\Program Files\IBM\Application
Developer\workspace\PositionControlFormsWeb\webApplication\WEB-INF\xsl\PCFMe
taArea.xsl" not found