[xsl] forms that span other elements

Subject: [xsl] forms that span other elements
From: "Jacob P. Glenn" <jpglenn2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 03:44:33 -0400

Thanx to everyone who helped with my last problem, because of you I was
able to fix it.  My new problem is as follows.  My stylesheet is working
great for most of my conversions.  But I have come across a few files
with forms that span several elements for example:

<form action="bla" method="get"><input type="hidden" value="T"
name="TypeOfInquiryNumber" />
<tbody>
.
.
.
.
.
.
</tbody>
</form>

The way my stylesheet is set up is with a template for each element.
The form element is as follows.  In writing the form element I did not
anticipate this problem but at the same time I am at a loss for a
solution.  How can I do this?  What happens now is that it omits
everything within the form element.  The form template is below:

<xsl:template match="form">	 <!-- Form template to convert XHTML
forms to WML input elements -->
       <xsl:apply-templates select="input" >
            <!-- Capture the link value for later use -->
            <xsl:with-param name='href' select='@action'/>
       </xsl:apply-templates>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="input">
   <input>
     <xsl:copy-of select="@name | @size | @maxlength" />
   </input>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="input[@type = 'submit']">  <!-- Form with submit
type-->
    <!-- Recover the link value using the parameter -->
    <xsl:param name='href'/>
   <do type="accept" label="{normalize-space(@value)}">
        <!-- Go to the specified URL-->
        <go href='{$href}'/>
    </do>
 </xsl:template>

 <xsl:template match="input[@type = 'image']">  <!-- Form with image
type-->
    <!-- Recover the link value using the parameter -->
    <xsl:param name='href'/>
   <do type="accept" label="{normalize-space(@alt)}">
        <!-- Go to the specified URL -->
        <go href='{$href}'/>