RE: [xsl] a namespace problem

Subject: RE: [xsl] a namespace problem
From: "Bryan Rasmussen" <bry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 09:32:06 +0200

thanks Jeni, as always you describe most succinctly.
>Namespace prefixes (or lack of them) in the XML document don't matter.
>Namespace prefixes in the XSLT document don't matter, but if you want
>to refer to an element or attribute in a namespace then you must
>associate some kind of prefix with that namespace.

 hmm so this means that if you have two prefixes pointing at the same
namespace
for example
xmlns:foo="http://www.namespaces.org/foo"
and
xmlns:goo="http://www.namespaces.org/foo"

xsl:template match="goo:bar"

would match instances in our document of
<foo:bar>...</foo:bar>? I was gonna say that was not to my liking either but
then I remember I made a little prefix parsing-re-arranging tool about a
month ago that could be adapted to handle that kind of situation, if for
example one wanted to do some distinguishing between members of the foo
namespace that had the goo prefix. I must admit this is one of those cases
where it really seems counter-intuitive.