Re: [xsl] Re: Re: variable definition reuse

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: Re: variable definition reuse
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 19:40:47 +0000

Hi Dimitre,

> A better approach is to treat the template that processes a specific
> node as function and to produce a partial application of this
> function, in which a number of parameters have been bound to
> specific values. This bindings will remain through the lifetime of
> the partial application (an RTF) and will be in place every time it
> is instantiated.

Yes, I agree. The way Laura originally put it, with the basic
substitution being from 'someElementName' to '$someElementName', it
didn't seem that this kind of approach would really help - since each
time the function was called you'd have to set the variables with
exactly the paths that she wanted to avoid repeating. With Laura's
clarified requirements, it's a lot clearer that what you suggest is a
big win.

Cheers,

Jeni

---