[xsl] linux passwd or htpasswd from XSLT?

Subject: [xsl] linux passwd or htpasswd from XSLT?
From: Robert Koberg <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 14:35:04 -0800

Hi,

I have an application that lets users create content during development time based off of the approot, e.g.
http://mysite.com

then the users can generate the site for QA to:

http://clientsite.mysite.com

During development the admin can add users. In the app I use java to authenticate. i don't want to create an instance of the virtual machine for each clientsite so i thought I would try to use a simple .htaccess file. No problem creating that :)

The problem:
I want to use the htpasswd linux library to generate the user to the passwords.file

- I was hoping there is an existing extension?? (can't find one...)
- is there anyway to do this in pure XSLT (I think I know the answer to this... :(
- If I created an extension I assume I have to use JNI - is there anybody out there who could help me out with i? can I just do something like:

<value-of select="linux_lib:htpasswd($user_name, $passwd)"/>

and then the java is something as simple as:

public static native boolean htpasswd( String strUser, String strPass ); ....

try { System.loadLibrary( "htpasswd" ); htpasswd(user, passwd); } catch( UnsatisfiedLinkError e ) { System.out.println( "Could not load native code for user authentication." );
System.exit(1); }

[I am in over my head...]

Any ideas or advice?

Thanks,