Re: [xsl] seperating alphanumeric string in two preferably using fxsl

Subject: Re: [xsl] seperating alphanumeric string in two preferably using fxsl
From: Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:10:18 +0200

Bryan Rasmussen wrote:
I've got elements that will have alphanumeric strings in the format of css
values, for example 11px or 150%(would one classify that as alphanumeric?)
or 5em, 5.5in and so forth. normally what I would do is have a parameter
with a nodeset of values like
<value>in</value>
<value>em</value>
then a variable that gets the value that is contained in my element, then
get the substring-before the value. Am thinking someone might have either a
generic template that already does something like this(help me not to
work!), or can give me a better suggestion for how I should build my
template(help me to improve myself!), or maybe Dimitre has an idea how this
could be done using the fxsl library(help me develop my brain!).

What about translate(., '.-0123456789ptxcinme%', '.-0123456789') ?

--
Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn International, Israel