[xsl] concat variable names

Subject: [xsl] concat variable names
From: Michael Auth <michael.auth@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 01:24:00 +0100

Is there a way to concat the name of a variable?

I have 5 variables $var_1, $var_2, ..., $var_5; all declared as global variables.
I want to use this varibles in a loop, something like this:

loop (count from 1 to 5, store the counter in a variable called $counter)
   <xsl:variable name="newvar" select="$(concat('var_', $counter))"/>

What I want to get, is that the variable $newvar stores the value of $var_1 and in the next run the value of $var2, and so on up to $var_5.

It does not work (of course) with the method above, but is there a way it will work???
(It seems to me that this is a general problem in XSL, for I have other projects where it would be very usefully too).

Thanks!