Re: [xsl] Xpath problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] Xpath problem
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 10:09:17 +0000

Hi Kan,

> Here is some more of the code that I am using
>
> objCachedDOM is a MSXML2.FreeThreadedDOMDocument
>
> Set objCachedDOM = Application("CachedXMLDOM").cloneNode(true)
> Set objCurrNode =
> m_objIndGlobalDOM.documentElement.selectSingleNode(strXPath)
> varTemp = objCurrNode.childNodes.length
>   If varTemp <> 0 Then
>      blnNodeExists = vbTrue
>   Else
>      blnNodeExists = vbFalse
>   End If
> NodeExists = blnNodeExists

Err... this code doesn't set the SelectionLanguage to XPath. It also
doesn't seem to show whether the node that you select is the correct
one or not, just whether the node that you select has children. Of
course you might know that the node that you're supposed to be
selecting doesn't have children, but I expected to see something like:

  m_objIndGlobalDOM.setProperty("SelectionLanguage", "XPath")
  Set objCurrentNode =
    m_objIndGlobalDOM.documentElement.selectSingleNode(strXPath)
  Set varTemp = objCurrentNode.getElementsByTagName("value")
  ... code checking the value ...

Cheers,

Jeni

---