Re: [xsl] Q on incremental processing and count()

Subject: Re: [xsl] Q on incremental processing and count()
From: Markus Spath <mspath@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 13:49:10 +0100

Enke Michael wrote:

Do you mean I can put some lines of code into my xsl-file to tell the transformer
to emit a SAXResult?

no :(

but given you have within your servlet a javax.xml.transform.Transformer instance based on your stylesheet, you call the actual transformation in your servlet (given you use one) somehow like:

name_of_this_instance.transform(javax.xml.transform.Source your_source, javax.xml.transform.Result your_result)

and i guess you directly write it somehow wrapped as StreamResult in your ServletResponse.
Result can be either a ...DOMResult, ...StreamResult or javax.xml.transform.SAXResult - and the last one you could utilize controlling when what is send to the browser, but there is probably a little bit of work to do ;) - since you have to provide a ContentHandler and write the ServletResponse yourself.

Normally the XSLT machine should emit the transformed code as soon as possible.
But I encountered that this is broken (at least for Xalan-J) if I count
nodes with count("node") for nodes which where earlier in the stream.

Markus