RE: [xsl] Regd: Processors and Validating am XML document

Subject: RE: [xsl] Regd: Processors and Validating am XML document
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 18:56:13 -0000

> I'm thinking of to translate an XML document into an
> WML document using XSLT.What i have with me is a
> WELL-FORMED XML document.
> Is it necessary to validate the XML document before
> applying the XSLT to the XML document.

No, it's not necessary. XSLT works on any well-formed XML.

> Another help i request from u people is
> How to associate the XML document with the XSLT to
> generate WML document.

The details depend on the processor you are using. Most have both a
command-line interface and a programmatic API where you can supply the URIs
of the source document and stylesheet as parameters to the transformation.

> Whether i have to use XSLT processor or XML processor
> or both.I have no clue.Please do me this favour.

Most processors will allow you to either do the XML parsing and XSLT
processing as separate operations, or to have the XSLT processor invoke the
XML parser automatically behind the scenes.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx