RE: [xsl] translets vs. templates

Subject: RE: [xsl] translets vs. templates
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 17:10:44 -0000

The biggest benefit from XSLTC comes, I think, from the size of the
translets, making them easy to download and execute client-side. Execution
speed is faster than most interpreters, but not dramatically so. This is
because most of the work (building the tree, sorting, serializing) is
exactly the same whether the stylesheet is compiled or not.

Mike Kay