Re: [xsl] big recursive function

Subject: Re: [xsl] big recursive function
From: Daniel Veillard <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:20:16 +0100

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 12:25:52PM +0100, jon wa wrote:
> my problem then comes when i have a big pre section to process. the function
> recurses so many times that my parser (gnome libxslt) throws an error. it
> seems as tho i can increase the depth that it will recurse but i haven't found
> a way to do it with the perl interface i'm using.

  I haven't found a good way yet to implement the recursivity check
needed to avoid exploding the stack of an application in case a stylesheet
loops on a recursion and not trigggering false alert in case which are
by nature extremely recursive like your example. I would appreciate
suggestions on this ...

> so my question is, is my function the right way of going about things? i
> just assumed that heavy recursion was ok and i have done some other heavy
> functions in the past. or is there another way to make the function more efficient?

  I haven't seen yet different way to process characters inside a node
text (except making an extension function but it's cheating :-). It looks
like the right way to do things from an XSLT point of view.

Daniel

veillard@xxxxxxxxxx  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/