[xsl] limitations in different parsers

Subject: [xsl] limitations in different parsers
From: "Kuhn, Allen" <Akuhn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 12:50:49 -0500

I have a question for the group.

I am starting to find some differences between different parsers. We are
providing some customers XSL templates written in one compliant parser
that do not work well in another compliant parser. Two examples include:

	dynamic template names supported in xalan and not in XT

	Oracle XML parser not supporting several items: extension
elements, extension functions, xsl:fallback, xsl:output, and
xsl:apply-input

Has their been other discussions about this I can reference or does
anyone know where I can look for further info?
I assumed compliant XSL templates written in one parser would be
compliant in all. Was this a fair assumption?
Does anyone have or know where to find a list of all the features
supported through the popular parsers?
Is this just the case of trying to get a sports car (xalan) to go
off-roading :-) ???

Thanks

Allen
akuhn@xxxxxxxxxxxx