Re: [xsl] Question of performance

Subject: Re: [xsl] Question of performance
From: Jörg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 12:11:36 +0100

Hi Ragulf,

I think, it's more computer- (the memory) or transformer-dependent (the
memory-handling). But in general I would use the global variable, because
it's better to avoid multiple times the same transformation. So
string-manipulation and searching huge input-trees (41 KB isn't really big
;-) some have file sizes more than 10 MB) should be stored in a variable.

You wrote you have a complex variable. In which way? Complex
string-manipulation, the variable stores only a 'string'. Or must the
variable store almost the whole input-file?

Joerg