Re: [xsl] param - default settings

Subject: Re: [xsl] param - default settings
From: Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 14:24:06 +0200

Ingo Friepoertner wrote:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="1.0">
<xsl:output method="html"/>
<xsl:param name="abs"/>

<template match="/">
    <xsl:value-of select="$abs * 3"/>
   <xsl:if test="$abs >=2">
      <!-- [...] -->
   </xsl:if>
</template>

First of all, this is not valid xslt stylesheet, because <xsl:stylesheet> can not contain literal result elements with null namespace, I'm about your <template> element. I suppose this is typo and you really mean <xsl:template>.
Second, you don't provide default value to abs param, so unless you provide actual value by processor-specific API, abs param will hold empty string (because <xsl:param name="abs"/> is filly equivalent to
<xsl:param name="abs" select="''"/>) and expression $abs * 3 will evaluate to NaN (Not A Number).
Try <xsl:param name="abs" select="5"/>, for example.

Well I need these vars several times in the stylesheet ... for colspan's, or when ... apply statements.

Excuse me for being so boring, but where is your real problem? :)

--
Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn International, Israel